3.3
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I was traveling from New York to Bowie, MD yesterday evening and around 8:30pm, my brother and I stopped in the Sunoco APlus gas station in Glen Burnie, MD to use the restroom and grab some refreshments. I shop at the Sunoco gas station in Bowie, MD often and the service there is great and it's always clean!

This was part of my reasoning for stopping at this one. We entered the store and went straight to the restrooms first because it had been a few hours since we stopped while traveling. The restroom doors were locked and I turned around to go get the keys when a man carrying them was coming our way... Thinking he had the key to the men's restroom because he we straight to my brother, I went to the counter to get the key to female's restroom.

The cashier said they were being used and pointed to the man carrying the key. By that time, he was coming back my way so I asked him for the key. He looked at me with such disdain and walked right passed me without saying a word. He went to the cashier an started fussing at him in a foreign language (not sure which) pointing at the keys (I'm guessing the man who was fussing was the manager).

He then turned to me and said he was going to check the bathroom to see if it was clean. He was still looking at me like I was inferior and was up to something (My brother and I are black, not saying that's the reason... just saying) He opened the door, looked in then looked at me deciding whether he wanted me to use it. He finally said, grudgingly I might add, that the bathroom was dirty but if I still wanted to use it that I could.

I really had to use it because of the coffee I drank traveling so I entered the bathroom and it was SPOTLESS! Afterwards, I just went back to my car where my brother was waiting and got in. In the car my brother told me a similar experience with the man (manager), I missed it because I was at the counter at the time. Before pulling off I asked him if he still wanted to get something and he said no because he felt really uncomfortable in there, I agreed and we pulled off.

As we passed the storefront the manager was staring at us like he was making sure we were leaving. We did nothing wrong the whole time in the store, my brother and I stayed polite during the whole ordeal... we were raised conservatively, we weren't being obnoxious, loud, or disrespectful when entering the gas station, we just needed the restroom and snacks. To make it worse, there were other customers in the store during the time!

I have never been so offended and embarrassed before in my life! I will be finding out if this store is franchised or is still corporate and will send a letter of complaint asking them to do some training in customer service and profiling.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). Loanda is overall dissatisfied with Sunoco Gas Station. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Autozone that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Sunoco Gas Station.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Service Centers and Repairs category for more informed decision or compare Sunoco Gas Station to other companies on our site.

Comments